Dr. Co V. Banh
Board Certified Physiatrist
Fellowship Trained in Interventional Spine Care
Co V. Banh, MD
Dr. Banh specializes in the treatment of a variety of musculoskeletal conditions and performs several procedures including:
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Radiofrequency Ablation
- Sympathetic Blocks
- Sacroiliac and Hip Intraarticular Injections
- Medication Management
- Trigger Point Injections
- EMG / NCS Diagnostic Testing
About Dr. Banh
Dr. Banh is a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician who specializes in non-operative spine care. He completed his fellowship in interventional / pain management at Cedars-Sinai Institute for Spinal Disorders in Los Angeles.
Dr. Banh develops individualized treatment plans to address the various facets of musculoskeletal and spinal conditions, including pain, weakness, numbness, and impaired function. He performs electrodiagnostic studies to evaluate for neuropathy, radiculopathy, and other neuromuscular disorders. He utilizes conservative treatments including physical therapy, medication management, office injections, and fluoroscopic guided procedures such as epidural injections, facet blocks, and radiofrequency ablation.
- Undergraduate: University of California—San Diego, Bachelor of Science, Biology, La Jolla, CA
- Medical: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- Internal Medicine Internship: Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: New York University RUSK, New York, NY
- Interventional Spine Fellowship: Cedars-Sinai Institute for Spinal Disorders, Los Angeles, CA
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- International Spine Intervention Society
Abstracts and Presentations
- Cedars-Sinai Institute for Spinal Disorders.
Epidural Adhesiolysis and Epiduroscopy, December 2006.
- NYU Medical Center – RUSK Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine.
Electrodiagnostic Findings in Brachial Plexopathies, April 2006.
- Brooklyn Veterans Hospital.
Treatment of Adhesive Capsulitis, October 2005. Simple Office Soft Tissue Injection Techniques, November 2005.
- West Los Angeles Veterans Hospital.
Use of Botulinum Toxin in the Treatment of Myofascial Pain Syndrome, September 2005.
Research and Publications
- Book Chapter – Shoulder Injection Techniques
In Progress – Handbook for Diagnosis and Treatment of Shoulder Disorders Humana Press, New Jersey.
- Conducted Surveys on Obstacles in the Management of Type II Diabetes and Analyzed the Data to Improve Patient Treatment.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 2002 Community Medicine Project – Michael Mulvihill, PhD.
- Evaluated the Possible Use of the Collagenase Gene in Reversing the Damaged Fibrotic Heart in Rats.
University of California San Diego, 1997 Research Assistant for John Hunter, MD, PhD.
- Isolated the Molecular Factors Involved in Limb Development in Chicken Embryo.
Salk Institute, 1996 Research Assistant for Juan Carlos, PhD.
“Exploring the Bay Area and traveling with my wife and daughter. Basketball, golf, gardening, and wood work.“