Dr. Joshua Van Gompel
Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery
Joshua Van Gompel, DPM
Dr. Van Gompel specializes in the treatment of a variety of foot and ankle procedures including:
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Chronic Ankle Sprains and Instability
- Bunions and Heel Pain Treatment
- Ankle and Foot Fractures
- Tendon Injuries
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Arthritic Conditions
- Ankle and Foot Fusions
- Congenital Foot Deformities
- Charcot Reconstruction
- Orthotic Therapy
- Customized Functional Bracing for Both Athletes and the Non-Athletic Population
About Dr. Gompel
Dr. Van Gompel is a specialist in foot and ankle surgery. He is an expert in conservative and surgical treatments of all ailments of the foot and ankle, from bunions and heel pain to ankle fusions, fractures, and tendon injuries. He has performed countless surgical procedures specifically on the foot and ankle and has extensive experience with reconstruction of complex disorders including diabetic limb salvage, Charcot reconstruction, neuromuscular disorders, rheumatoid reconstruction, and trauma. Dr. Van Gompel is also trained in the latest techniques of endoscopy and arthroscopy as they pertain to the foot, ankle, and leg as well as advanced treatment for Planter Fasciitis including Radiofrequency Ablation and Shockwave.
In addition, Dr. Van Gompel specializes in biomechanics, orthotic therapy, and customized functional bracing for both athletes and the non-athletic population. This type of treatment is very effective in returning patients to their prior activity level while avoiding surgery when possible.
- Undergraduate: University of Wisconsin—Stevens Point, Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences, Stevens Point, WI
- Medical: California College of Podiatric Medicine, San Francisco, CA
- Foot and Ankle Surgery Residency: St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- California Podiatric Medical Association
- American Podiatric Medical Association
Abstracts and Presentations
- Deep Vein Thrombosis in Foot and Ankle Surgery.
Presented at the "Wisconsin Society of Podiatric Medicine Foot and Ankle Conference", Waukesha, WI, June 2007.
- Modified Lapidus Arthrodesis with External Fixation.
Presented at the "Wisconsin Society of Podiatric Medicine Foot and Ankle Conference", Wisconsin Dells, WI, July 2006.
- Conservative Treatments for Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction.
Presented at the "St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center Foot and Ankle Conference", Milwaukee, WI, June 2005.
- Rail External Fixation for Stabilization of Closing Base Wedge Osteotomies and Lapidus Procedures.
"The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery", May / June Edition, 2006, Letter to the Editor.
- Modified Lapidus Arthrodesis with External Fixation: Technique and Results.
Poster exhibit at the "ACFAS Scientific Conference" March 20th 2006. Also submitted to "The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery", 2007.
- A Cadaveric Comparison of Internal vs External Fixation for the Lapidus Procedure.
Submitted to "The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery", 2007.
"I enjoy spending time with my wife and two children as well as snowboarding, hiking, traveling and watching football. I am a huge Green Bay Packers fan."